Re: [code] How to change a font from ui?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:22:07 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi,

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, tastyminerals wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I've noticed that on windows korean/arabic text is not displayed
> correctly while on linux machine everything is ok.
> As I understand on windows I need to use an appropriate korean/arabic
> font to display these languages. But changing init.lua all the time
> would be problematic.
> Can it be done from ui?
> What command should I use to change from 'Monospace' font to 'Gulim' for
> example when viewing a korean.txt file?

Robert is right; you'd likely want to use `ui.switch_theme()` and set the
`font` property for changing fonts on the fly.

You can also use a font that has characters for lots of languages. For
example, DejaVu Sans Mono[1]. You probably won't need to change fonts if
you use that one. I think the 'Monospace' font for most Linux distros is
similar and has lots of characters.

[1]: http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page