[code] [textadept] Focus changes in GUI version

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:20:27 +0000

In textadept-curses (7.2 beta 2), with my textredux-based command entry, when
hitting the key which opens it (":"), subsequent keys go into the new view -
so I can even paste in ":command" into the terminal and things happen as I
expect. The handler for ":" does some unsplitting/splitting and selects the
new view.

In the Win32 GUI version same keys are lost (it seems more likely with a
larger file loaded into the current buffer, when it takes longer to do the
split), or possibly end up acting on the different view. So I have to wait
for it to sort itself out, making it feel much less responsive (and annoying
when I inadvertently modify the current buffer when expecting to be entering
a command).

I'll try to do some debugging if I get time, but there's not much hope in the
near future - I only use the GUI version at work.

Chris