Re: [code] [textadept] flickering with GTK3

From: Duncan Mac-Vicar P. <dmacvicar.att.suse.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 18:54:16 +0100

On 18/03/14 15:07, Mitchell wrote:

> After reading through that thread, it seems there is still a lot of
> uncertainty with regard to different versions of GTK3. Does it help at
> all if you put the following in your `~/.textadept/properties.lua`?
>
> buffer.buffered_draw = false

No effect on the problem.

> If not, we might just have to wait until Scintilla fixes the problem
> on its own.

I realized that the background flicker described in the thread was also
present, and I was able to remove that background flash with the patches.

However, this looks like a different issue. You can see here how it
flickers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g0tl9GsYy4

Duncan