Re: [code] [textadept] Spell checker progress?

From: Richard Philips <richard.philips.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:50:54 +0100

Hello Bill,

I wrote the necessary software to work with spell-checking in textadept.

Another member on the list asked me for the code.

Of course, I would like to give the code.

But there are two problems:

- I built an extensive library for textadept I reuse in all my textadept
projects: that is very fine for me but makes sharing code a lot more
difficult. A lot of the code is just of interest to me.

- I am working on Ubuntu and it is very difficult for me to test on windows
(in my household there are 12 (!) computers, only one of them is Windows
based and that one belongs to my youngest daughter and she is now for 4
month in the US :-)

I do not think a lot has to be done to make it work on another platform.

My solution is based on:

- Luajit (no compilation whatsoever is involved)
- hunspell

and on Ubuntu it works perfectly.

So, the things I have to do:

(1) refactor code, so that it is easily shareable

(2) parmameterise code so that the hunspell code and the dictionaries can
be found regardless the platform

I try to find time to work on this.

Richard