Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.2 beta 3

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 11:51:06 -0400

Hi Mitchell,

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Textadept 7.2 beta 3 is released from http://foicica.com/textadept
>
> This release can spawn processes in separate threads[1] and has basic
> project support[2] for snapopen and building.
>
> Thanks to the translators for updating their translations so promptly! If
> you'd like to translate Textadept for your language, please see the info
> here on how to submit one[3]. I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Bugfixes:
>
> * Fixed bug in Win32 terminal version with "shifted" character input.
>
> Changes:
>
> * New "optionselect" dialog.
> * Added `ui.SILENT_PRINT` option for printing messages.
> * The GUI version can spawn processes in separate threads.
> * Removed experimental Windows `io.popen()` and `os.execute()`
> replacements due to spawning support.

AWESOME!

> * Snapopen now supports projects; added new menu entry and key command.
> * Added support for building projects.

Oh my... this is an amazing addition and exactly what I have done on my
own. Can't wait to help work out the details!
Not sure what you used as a key binding but I really liked 'Ctrl+Shirft+B'.
Which is very natural because you switch buffers with 'Ctrl+B'.

Also is there a way to use snapopen and control the width and height of the
dialog? I like to use the "ui.width - 20" so it fills the most it can
without looking like it covers all the gui.

  * Updated to LuaJIT 2.0.3.
> * Updated to Scintilla 3.4.1.

 Thanks again for meaningful additions to Textadept.

--
Regards,
Ryan