Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.2 beta 3

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 12:41:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Textadept 7.2 beta 3 is released from http://foicica.com/textadept
>>
>> This release can spawn processes in separate threads[1] and has basic
>> project support[2] for snapopen and building.
>>
>> Thanks to the translators for updating their translations so promptly! If
>> you'd like to translate Textadept for your language, please see the info
>> here on how to submit one[3]. I would greatly appreciate it.
>>
>> Bugfixes:
>>
>> * Fixed bug in Win32 terminal version with "shifted" character input.
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> * New "optionselect" dialog.
>> * Added `ui.SILENT_PRINT` option for printing messages.
>> * The GUI version can spawn processes in separate threads.
>> * Removed experimental Windows `io.popen()` and `os.execute()`
>> replacements due to spawning support.
>>

> AWESOME!
>

>> * Snapopen now supports projects; added new menu entry and key command.
>> * Added support for building projects.
>>

> Oh my... this is an amazing addition and exactly what I have done on my
> own. Can't wait to help work out the details!
> Not sure what you used as a key binding but I really liked 'Ctrl+Shirft+B'.
> Which is very natural because you switch buffers with 'Ctrl+B'.

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P snapopens the current project and Ctrl+Shift+B builds it.
I like your idea of Ctrl+Shift+B for snapopen project, but then there's
the question of what key to bind to "build"...

> Also is there a way to use snapopen and control the width and height of the
> dialog? I like to use the "ui.width - 20" so it fills the most it can
> without looking like it covers all the gui.

Yes, just call `io.snapopen()` with a table of options. Something like:

   io.snapopen(nil, nil, nil, {width = ui.width - 20})

(The first `nil` is new and tries to snapopen the current project.) You
can bind your call to the existing key to overwrite the default behavior.