Re: [code] working with Arabic script

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 11:31:20 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Apr 2014, tastyminerals wrote:

> No, the file is saved as utf-8 without BOM and opened in both notepad++
> and textadept as a utf-8 file.
> Textadept is not working with Arabic text now, I mean you can't edit
> Arabic sentences, select parts of text, copy-cut-paste them which leaves
> me with notepad++ instead of something cross-platform as textadept :(

I've confirmed that SciTE on Windows behaves as expected, but SciTE on
Linux behaves the same way as Textadept does -- poorly. Textadept uses GTK
as its toolkit on all platforms, even Windows. (SciTE only uses GTK on
Linux.) Thus, I don't know if this is an issue with Scintilla or with GTK.
Either way, asking this question on the Scintilla mailing list[1] may
prove fruitful.

I'm afraid I don't know what to do :(

[1]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/scintilla-interest