Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.2 beta 3

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 09:14:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert,

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi,

>>> as discussed previously off-list the spawn function when running a
>>> script is crashing Textadept on OS X (Mavericks). I switched to an
>>> older 'run.lua' as a workaround for now to otherwise stay on the
>>> cutting edge
>>
>> That's odd. It's working on my OSX 10.6...
>>

> can anyone on 10.7 and 10.8 confirm this working or not working?

Yes, anyone with access to OSX, please try running a simple script (e.g.
python or ruby) using the "Tools -> Run" command and see if there is a
crash. Please let me know your version and whether or not there was a
crash.

> Mitchell, might an update to a later OS X version help? Your package from
> osx-deps is what's generated by the jhbuild process?

I've taken some time to look into this when you originally notified me
about the crashing, but there is nothing in the changelogs or Glib source
code that would indicate a fix. The process for rebuilding GTKOSX is very
involved and producing a package is non-trivial (see the note on the
Compiling page for producing a GTKOSX library package). I may attempt to
do this for Glib only later today.