Re: [code] [textadept] Resizing in Win32 curses

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 15:54:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Chris,

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014, Chris Emerson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When trying out the Win32 textadept-curses, I noticed that it doesn't resize
> when the terminal window is resized. (But it otherwise seems to work nicely!)
>
> A quick bit of research leads me to think that fixing it may be as simple
> (famous last words!) as checking for a KEY_RESIZE being returned from
> wgetch() and acting on it, but I haven't tried it.

Trying to handle KEY_RESIZE doesn't seem to work. First of all, when
Textadept is running I cannot make the window larger; I can only make it
smaller. Making it smaller produces scroll bars to preserve the current
size, as I'm sure you saw. This happens not only in Textadept, but also in
the command prompt itself. I seem to recall observing this while
developing the win32 curses version and thinking to myself I wouldn't need
to worry about handling dynamic resizing. It simply does not appear to be
supported.