Re: [code] Don't show output of run/compile

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:44:23 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Carlos,

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014, Carlos Pita wrote:

> Hi Mitchell, thanks for answering. Getting rid of the split is enough
> but, in this specific case, I don't even care about the buffer. Is it
> possible to avoid the buffer being created? Cheers.

I haven't tested this, but I think you can put the following in your
~/.textadept/init.lua:

   local function eat_markdown_output(lexer, output)
     if lexer == 'markdown' then return true end
   end
   events.connect(events.COMPILE_OUTPUT, eat_markdown_output, 1)
   events.connect(events.RUN_OUTPUT, eat_markdown_output, 1)

`eat_markdown_output` receives output from compile and run commands. If
the command comes from the 'markdown' lexer (and thus, a markdown
document), it will prevent the default handler (that prints output) from
running.