Re: [code] Python and events.FILE_AFTER_SAVE

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 21:53:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014, Richard Philips wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>

> In the Python language module, there is a syntax check connected to the
> FILE_AFTER_SAVE event.
>
> In our environment, this has itsdrawbacks:
>
> - it leaves unwanted *.pyc files
>
> - the python version used on the developer's workstation is not the same as
> the version on the server where the software is deployed.
>

> Nevertheless, is is an interesting feature :-)
>
> Would it be possible to make this feature optional ?

I'll commit a fix to disable this. You'll be able to put

   _M.python.CHECK_SYNTAX = false

in a `~/.textadept/modules/python/post_init.lua` file or you can set that
property in a `LEXER_LOADED` event handler.

To address Robert's comment, I empathize with unwanted .pyc files, so I
don't mind adding an option here.