Re: [code] [textadept] Inheriting from global key mode

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 13:24:47 +0100

Hi Robert,

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 02:07:11PM +0200, Robert Gieseke wrote:
> Chris, in textadept-vi, how are you using Textredux? Only from one
> mode? When returning from a Textredux buffer, would it be necessary
> to store the previous mode or okay to always set keys.MODE to nil
> (or something else? When you switch between buffers, do you already
> keep track of modes?

Currently I write all my command-mode bindings into the global keys, and
use keys.MODE for insert mode etc. This means I never accidentally end up
in the "normal" Textadept key bindings.

So generally when returning from a Textredux buffer, setting keys.MODE to nil
is what I want. I could imagine wanting to override that sometimes, but
haven't needed it so far.

Chris