Re: [code] C++ Support

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 09:19:39 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>
>> OK that sounds acceptable. But now how do I get my post_init.lua to load.
>>> It doesn't seem to get loaded at all. I did as you said above and simply
>>> copied the file and replaced the ansi_c with cpp. Now I have
>>> *~/.textadept/modules/cpp/init.lua* and my "post_init.lua" is located
>>> *~/.textadept/cpp/post_init.lua*. Do I need to do something else to make
>>> it
>>> load this file automatically? I added a "ui.print( "Loading CPP
>>> post_init.lua" )" to the top of the file and it never shows the [Message
>>> Buffer].
>>>

>> Your *post_init.lua* should be in *~/.textadept/modules/cpp/post_init.lua*.
>> (Note the "modules" subdirectory, which matches Textadept's module
>> directory structure.) Once you make that change, your print statement
>> should fire.
>

> That worked. What did I miss? I have a Lua *post_init.lua* file and I put
> that in *~.textadept/lua/post_init.lua* and that seems to work. Should I
> switch to *~/.textadept/modules/lua/post_init.lua*? Is there something in
> the packaged Lua module that loads those files, so I could add that to my
> CPP module?

Your observation is an unexpected side-effect. Since the manual states
that "modules/lang/post_init.lua" should be used[1], I would recommend
going with that. No, the Lua module doesn't look for a *post_init.lua* in
any way. (*modules/textadept/file_types.lua* does it for all languages.)

[1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/08_Preferences.html#Language