[code] Message Buffer not auto scrolling and slowdown

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 17:00:01 -0400

In Textadept 7.3 x86_64 on Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64, the message buffer does not
seem to auto-scroll to the bottom anymore. I have set "ui.SILENT_PRINT =
true" and am using tabs. I have split the view once and have the message
buffer in one buffer and my code in the other. I am using the built-in
"run" function and a Lua file and I am just watching "print()" from the
script run. Does anyone else see this? I find it really hard because I
usually look at that output and want the latest results to show. It does
not seem to have anything to do with "ui.SILENT_PRINT = true". I run into
some times where I set SILENT_PRINT to false and the tab is not selected as
well.

Also I am seeing a big slow down as I print to the message buffer with a
few hundred lines. I press Ctrl+r and then it prints the command-line, then
hangs till all the text output is done printing to the message buffer. I
can time my script and it shows it is running full speed, but the printing
to the message buffer is slow. So slow that for a simple script taking .5
seconds to run makes the OS think Textadept is hung and changes the window
to the not responding color. This same script runs in half a second on a
plain terminal. Anyone seeing this?

I know I put 2 issues together, but I think they may be related. It seems
to possibly be an issue with how the message buffer is handling std::out
prints. Any ideas?

--
Regards,
Ryan