Re: [code] textadept indent to correct level

From: Joseph McDonald <joe.att.vpop.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 13:28:36 -0700

On 06/08/2014 01:28 AM, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Surely possible, but as far as I know nobody has written a functionality
> like this for Textadept yet and Emacs needs rules for indenting in major
> modes etc. I think

OK, I will look into it. If anyone has any pointers, I'm all ears.

>> also, how do I bind a key to "reset" to reload my init.lua and all
>> modules?
>
> E.g. for 'F9', in your 'init.lua':
>
> keys.f9 = reset

perfect! thanks! it would be neat if saving any file in the
~/.textadept directory invoked reset automagically.

Now I'm trying to get a few more of my emacs keys in place, I have:

keys['cx'] = {
    u = buffer.undo,
    cc = quit,
    cf = io.open_file,
    cs = buffer.save,
    cw = buffer.save_as,
}

ctrl-x u works fine as undo.
ctrl-x ctrl-c works fine.

ctrl-x ctrl-f works just fine. although I would like to bind it to
textredux file picker. i have hijack mode on, not sure what else i need
to do.

ctrl-x ctrl-s gives "invalid sequence" in the message area
ctrl-x ctrl-w gives "invalid sequence" in the message area

any idea why?

also, i'd like to have a key stroke "c " that will start selection mode,
so that all navigation changes the range of the selection (in emacs this
is called "set-mark"). Is such a thing possible in textadept?

also , is it possible to use the "esc" key in a sequence?
for instance, hitting esc then hitting "w" to copy selection, or hit
esc, then hit "u" to uppercase the string under the cursor.

one last thing: how to alter the path that textadept looks to when
"require" is called? It would be nice if it worked for things that were
installed with luarocks system. So we could install a package with
luarocks and it is then accessible from within textadept without any
fiddling.

thanks,
-joe