Re: [code] [textadept] Update UI Events

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:20:58 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Robert,

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> the update ui events in the latest nightly look quite useful! I noted
> that paging up and down or jumping to the start/end of the buffer
> doesn't seem to trigger the selection event, is this a known issue or
> not possible?

I'm not seeing this behavior. I've connected to the `UPDATE_UI` event and
simply print the parameter to the message buffer. Anytime I type an arrow,
page up/down, home/end, etc. I get 2 (selection change) or 6 (selection
change + scroll).

> This reminded me to ask about some other events:
> - Is it possible to receive a notification, when Textadept re-gains
> focus? I would like to check for changes on disk (e.g version control
> checkout) when going back to Textadept.

Yes it would be possible, and I'll commit something soon.

> - A notifaction when the size of the Textadept window changes, I would
> like to resize my split views automatically when Textadept's window is
> moved to an external screen.

You can try hooking into `events.UPDATE_UI` and checking `ui.size` for
changes. I'm not sure how the performance would be though. A brief bit of
searching shows catching a resize using GTK is non-trivial.