Re: [code] [textadept] Bug: can't access ".." in curses open file dialog

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:40:15 +0200

Am 24/06/14 20:08, schrieb Joshua Krämer:
>> In lists, scrolling is limited to the actually selectable lines below
>> the list header. If lines aren't currently shown more items are loaded
>> when pressing 'down' on the last line. The limiting is a new feature, so
>> there might be a bug though …
>> Is it jumping to the beginning of the line or the actually the end?
>> In the former case this is the intended behaviour.
>
> In a folder with 159 items (it shows "160", maybe ".." is counted
> also?), I pressed the down key several times, until the cursor was at
> the beginning of the last line, which reads "[..] (141 more items
> ....". See the following image:
>
> http://f.666kb.com/i/cpi6cvrjhn42oatej.png
>
> I pressed the down key again. The cursor then jumped to the end of
> this same line. See the following image:
>
> http://f.666kb.com/i/cpi6d5ssmptjgoz17.png
>
> I pressed the down key again, but nothing happened.
>
> The same behaviour can be observed in every folder with hidden entries.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, are you using Textadept 7.4 or a
later nightly build? I use events.UPDATE_UI's parameter to check for
movements, which was only introduced 2 weeks ago … and can reproduce
your behaviour with 7.3 so maybe updating would fix it for you?

In any case I'll add this to the changelog as a requirement.