Re: [code] Strange behavior with "text" lexer

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 17:28:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Brian,

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Brian Schott wrote:

> I've noticed that on two 64-bit Linux machines that Textadept performs very
> poorly when a buffer's file type is set to "text". Strange things happen
> like making the X server max out a CPU core, or the cursor position or
> buffer contents never updating. Buffers with a "real" lexer selected seem
> to have no problems.
>
> (Well, other than the usual problems that having more than around 20k lines
> or a single long line causes)
>
> Is anybody else able to reproduce this?

I cannot. Do you have a clean ~/.textadept/ when you observe this? I
sometimes open ~1MB log files in plain text and haven't had any issues.

When debugging slow lexers I've often chopped apart files to see which
line the lexer starts choking on. Perhaps something similar may yield the
source of your problem.