Re: [code] [textadept] Textredux bug: Not all files shown in file dialog

From: Joshua Krämer <j.kraemer.news.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 22:33:23 +0200

> Hi Joshua,
>
> Am 30/06/14 21:48, schrieb Mitchell:
>> It's likely `io.SNAPOPEN_MAX`[1].
>> [1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/api/io.html#SNAPOPEN_MAX
>
> yes, Textredux "hijacks" this setting as well, you can set it higher in
> your init.lua
>
> io.SNAPOPEN_MAX = 10000 -- or just 2000 …
>
> Alternatively, you can toggle between recursive and 'flat' search with
> Ctrl-S and change into sub-directories first, unless you have a
> directory with thousands of files, of course.

Thanks. I understand that there needs to be a limited on the snapopen
dialog, because it spans several directories.

But I don't use snapopen, I'm just using the regular (Textredux) file
open dialog. There are indeed 1609 files in a single directory. Is
the reason for the limit here that Textredux uses the snapopen code
also for the normal open dialog?

Does Textadept itself also have a limit on how many files are shown in
a regular file open dialog? I can't find such a setting (like
OPEN_MAX) in the documentation.

If a limit in the open dialog can't be avoided, I think there should
at least be an indicator that the listing is cropped. At first, I
thought the file in question would be really missing. Because of this
deception, I still think it can be considered a bug.

Kind regards,
Joshua