Re: [code] [textadept] Textredux bug: Not all files shown in file dialog

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 23:08:00 +0200

Am 30/06/14 22:33, schrieb Joshua Krämer:
>> Hi Joshua,
>>
>> Am 30/06/14 21:48, schrieb Mitchell:
>>> It's likely `io.SNAPOPEN_MAX`[1].
>>> [1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/api/io.html#SNAPOPEN_MAX
>>
>> yes, Textredux "hijacks" this setting as well, you can set it higher in
>> your init.lua
>>
>> io.SNAPOPEN_MAX = 10000 -- or just 2000 …
>>
>> Alternatively, you can toggle between recursive and 'flat' search with
>> Ctrl-S and change into sub-directories first, unless you have a
>> directory with thousands of files, of course.
>
> Thanks. I understand that there needs to be a limited on the snapopen
> dialog, because it spans several directories.
>
> But I don't use snapopen, I'm just using the regular (Textredux) file
> open dialog. There are indeed 1609 files in a single directory. Is
> the reason for the limit here that Textredux uses the snapopen code
> also for the normal open dialog?

Yes, it's just a Textredux "list" in both cases.

> Does Textadept itself also have a limit on how many files are shown in
> a regular file open dialog? I can't find such a setting (like
> OPEN_MAX) in the documentation.

No, there is no limit.

> If a limit in the open dialog can't be avoided, I think there should
> at least be an indicator that the listing is cropped. At first, I
> thought the file in question would be really missing. Because of this
> deception, I still think it can be considered a bug.

There is a notification in the status bar, even mentioning
IO.SNAPOPEN_MAX but it appears to get cropped in the terminal version.
I agree that Textredux should show all (or at least more than 1000)
files when not in recursive mode, I'll look into that … [1]

[1] https://github.com/rgieseke/textredux/issues/10