Re: [code] Updated proposal for better ctags support

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 15:46:15 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Carlos,

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014, Carlos Pita wrote:

> Great Mitchell, I've enough to start working on this but it will have to
> wait a few more days until I finish with my exams. Just one last question:
> do you think you could eventually accept a patch to add space wildcards to
> the autocomplete dropdown or that is excuded from any possible universe?

It depends. Since the autocomplete dropdown is part of Scintilla (the
editing component Textadept uses), the patch would either have to be
submitted upstream for inclusion, or included in Textadept's Scintilla
patch set. The first case is easy. The second case depends on how large
the patch is because I'd have to maintain it between Scintilla versions.
Rather than having a compile-time dependency, a pure Lua implementation
would be preferrable. For example, you should be able intercept keypress
(such as spaces) and call `buffer:auto_c_select()` to select an arbitrary
item in the list.

Good luck on your exams :)