Re: [code] Updated proposal for better ctags support

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 22:03:11 -0300

Hi, Mitchell, I would like to know your opinion about what follows. Ctags
has some support for matching variable definitions (even local ones, for
some languages). Although not perfect this could be useful to heuristically
rank completions according to scopes inferred from definitions near the
cursor (with some help from the language module in order to map each
definition to a scope, say a=1 to Integer). But maybe the existent lpeg
grammars are better suited for finding the near cursor definitions than
ctags. I've done no research on this possibility yet so I would like to
hear your advice first, in case it were an obvious dead end.

Cheers

--
Carlos