[code] [textadept] Feature request: control characters / BOM

From: Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 16:29:49 +0200

Dear list,

Textadept prints control characters (like ESC or LF) in an
inverted-colour box; but only some control characters seem to be
respected. I miss for example the BOM (U+FEFF), ZWNJ (U+200C) and ZWJ
(U+200D). In my eyes, every non-printable/control character should be
shown this way; with the exception of whitespace/EOL characters, they
should be hidden by default, but it should be possible to make them
visible, too.

Regarding BOM, it would be nice to have a menu item to insert it at the
beginning of the file. I would prefer the BOM to be shown as a regular
character at the beginning of the file, instead of implementing BOM
support as part of the file encoding, as done by some editors.

Kind regards,
Joshua