[code] Re: [textadept] Feature request: control characters / BOM

From: Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 16:46:30 +0200

On 2014-08-09, 9:37, Mitchell wrote:

> `buffer.representation` is "indexable" and acts like an already
> existing table:
>
> buffer.representation['\xe2\x84\xa6'] = 'U+2126 \xe2\x84\xa6'

I see ... thanks. However, there seems to be a problem. It does not
work in the first buffer when I open Textadept. If I create a new
buffer, the setting is in effect in this new buffer. But when I switch
to another buffer and switch back, the setting is no longer in effect.

I've put the line in my ~/.textadept/properties.lua file. Other
settings in this file, like "buffer.tab_width = 4", do not show this
behaviour.

> Yes, a notice in the statusbar about a BOM is a fine idea. I'll
> commit this.

Great.

Kind regards,
Joshua