Re: [code] Re: I would use textadept more if

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 17:19:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Chuck,

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014, chuck leis wrote:

> To continue
>
> If the single quotes did NOT 'help' me by generating 2 for one apostrophe.

There are a number of ways to do this. One of them is putting the
following in your `~/.textadept/init.lua`:

   textadept.editing.char_matches.text = {[40] = ')', [91] = ']', [123] = '}'}

This tells Textadept to only autopair bracket-type characters.

> and 2
>
> If the column mode would handle pasting text to the entire column from the
> clipboard. (Scintilla issue)
> IE select some text to place in several lines in a column and Copy it to
> clipboard.
> Then do the column thing where you want that text placed.
> Hit Paste, and it would be wonderful if that clipboard data found its way
> into all the lines of the column.

Try putting in your `~/.textadept/properties.lua`:

   buffer.multi_paste = buffer.MULTIPASTE_EACH

Then after making your selection and copying to clipboard, make an empty
rectangular selection at the desired column, and paste.