Re: [code] [textadept] Feature requests: buffer/tab management

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 19:13:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Joshua,

On Sat, 9 Aug 2014, Joshua Krmer wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I miss a feature to rearrange the order of open buffers (tabs).

This is not trivial and would push Textadept over its C code limit of 2000
lines.

> I would also prefer Textadept to switch to the previously used buffer
> when a buffer is closed. I often issue the run or compile command,
> which opens a message buffer. When the command is finished, I close
> the message buffer and want to continue editing the file buffer, but
> Textadept shows the buffer to the left of the closed buffer instead.

This is a good idea and has been on my TODO list for a while. I'll commit
a change soon.

> Additionally, it would be nice if there was a function available for
> Ctrl-Tab buffer cycling that jumps to the last active buffer with a
> single Ctrl-Tab press, and starts to cycle through all other buffers
> with multiple Tab presses. This is also how Alt-Tab works in most
> window managers, I think. It makes it easy to quickly switch back and
> forth between two buffers.

I've briefly looked into this before, but it's more tricky than it seems.
Feel free to submit a patch, but I have no need for this and won't be
working on it.