Re: [code] backspace again + translated strings

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:33:52 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Niklas,

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014, Niklas W wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two problems with textadept-curses (linux):
>
> 1) Backspace works if the terminal is set to generate Control-H.
> However, I'd like it to generate ASCII DEL (127), which seems to be
> standard and also has the advantage that you can use Ctrl-H for
> something else.
>
> This was brought up before:
> http://foicica.com/lists/code/201312/1454.html
>
> The keycode in keypress() becomes 0, not 127...

I'm honestly not sure what the problem is. I would think if the terminal
is set up to emit 127 for backspace, then libtermkey (the library that
interprets keypresses) should recognize it. How did you do the remapping?
Perhaps I can try what you did and figure out the problem.

> 2) Some characters in localized UI strings doesn't show up right,
> although I can type them fine. My locale is sv_SE.UTF-8.

Which strings are they? Can you check the locale.sv.conf to ensure they
are correct? Perhaps some characters got mangled over time.