Re: [code] [textadept][bug] Tab width in OSX is wrong

From: Feng Li <fengli.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 22:34:35 +1000

Hi Mitchell

This happens with all fonts (I've tried a few different monospace fonts:
Menlo, Monaco, DejaVu Sans Mono and they all have this same issue).
I have verified it's all good on Windows and Linux, so this appears to be a
Mac only problem.
it looks to me like some rounding error adding up due to the way OSX
renders glyphs.

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Feng,
>

> On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Feng Li wrote:
>
> Hi Mitchell,
>>
>> Thank you for creating this wonderful little editor. I just started using
>> it on OSX and noticed the tab width is incorrect. I set tab width to 4
>> spaces, but as you can see in the attached screenshot, the actual advance
>> for each tab character is less then 4 spaces, and the error accumulates.
>> This is pretty much a show stopper for me because it breaks all formatting
>> in my existing source code files. This problem does no happen on Linux
>> and
>> probably Windows (hasn't checked).
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>

> Does this happen when you change the font? Or does it happen with all
> fonts?

Feng Li