[code] [textadept] High CPU usage with text lexer

From: Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 20:14:45 +0200

Hi all,

I often see high CPU usage (and, as a consequence, bad performance)
when the text lexer is active. I can reproduce this by typing/pasting
a comparatively long line in a new buffer. Here you can see a
screenshot with textadept stressing the CPU:

http://666kb.com/i/cs4gb6i1ily46lkzh.png

It happens on both the CLI and GUI version. If another lexer is
active, the CPU usage is also quite high when typing/pasting a long
line, but not as extremely as with the text lexer.

I frequently edit text files with "real" text (as opposed to code),
where one line is one paragraph. Thus, textadept's behaviour is a bit
annoying.

There was an issue previously reported by Brian Schott; he experienced
high CPU usage with the text lexer and the setting
buffer.property['fold.by.indentation'] = '1'. I do not have this
setting in my properties file.

Occasionally, I see high CPU usage in other circumstances, too. It
seems to be random to me. Here you can see a screenshot:

http://666kb.com/i/cs4guov49fnnbilbx.png

Kind regards,
Joshua