[code] Re: [textadept] High CPU usage with text lexer

From: Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:55:41 +0200

On 2014-09-25, 14:37, Mitchell wrote:

> I've checked in a change to Scintillua[1] that hopefully should fix
> the issue. It should be available in Textadept's nightly build for
> tonight.

I have tested today the latest nightly, and unfortunately, the issue is
not solved. Here is a way to reproduce it:

In an empty buffer, keep pasting the string "1234567890" by pressing
the paste shortcut repeatedly. The CPU usage keeps rising continuously.
When the line has a length of ca. 2000 characters, textadept uses all
the available CPU cycles (CPU usage ca. 100 %) on my system.

If I do the same test with the ANSI C lexer active, CPU usage is only
2 to 3 %.

Kind regards,
Joshua