Re: [code] [textadept] View splitting

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:38:22 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014, Mitchell wrote:

> [snip]
>
> The latest nightly uses a buffer as the command entry, so this should no
> longer be necessary for you.
>
> By default (since it is a Lua command entry) it has Lua syntax
> highlighting. It also makes use of Scintilla's autocompletion facilities
> for providing Lua completions.
>
> [snip]
>
> `ui.command_entry` also has a "height" property that gets or sets the
> height of the entry in pixels. To make it 2 lines tall:
>
> ui.command_entry.height = 2 * ui.command_entry:text_height(1)
>
> After that, you would be able to enter multiple lines by pressing
> "Shift+Enter".
>
> Let me know if there are questions or issues. This is a
> work-in-progress.

I've committed a few fixes that enable the command entry to be dynamically
resizable like a normal split view. This also fixes some sizing bugs with
the original implementation. The `ui.command_entry.enter_mode()` function
also accepts two new, optional parameters: lexer and height for setting
the lexer and height for the command entry, respectively. This is for
convenience, so `ui.command_entry.height = x` should not longer be
necessary outside of key bindings.