Re: [code] [textadept] Curses mouse/CSI events

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 09:46:37 +0100

Hi Mitchell,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 04:17:51PM -0400, Mitchell wrote:
> Thanks for this and sorry for my silence. I saw this early in the
> week and it gave me the incentive to work on implementing mouse
> events for Scinterm natively. I'm cleaning up that code and adding
> similar support for Win32 terminal. Once I finish that I'll
> implement mouse events for Textadept per your patch, add your Lua
> logic for resizing views, and hopefully commit something in the next
> few days.

That sounds great!

Some thoughts based on using this for a bit:

How are you handling enabling/disabling the mouse events? I haven't looked
into the terminfo/whatever to work out whether the terminal supports the mouse
reporting. It would be good to be able to enable/disable it from Lua anyway;
I often suspend textadept-curses, and need to turn the mouse reports off until
it's resumed (or else the shell/other programs get confused). I guess that
might affect running other programs too.

Again looking forward to trying it out. :-)

Chris