Re: [code] [textadept] Future of LuaJIT Version

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 22:09:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm fine with removing it as well since all my experiments with
Textadept and LuaJIT never went very far. I've thought I had observed
speed-ups during startup but failed to get them reproduced now, with
time ./textadept_osx -e "quit()"
and about 150 files in the session I don't get meaningful differences.

For those using the FFI, could the Lua FFI[1] be an alternative? It
doesn't seem to have seen too much development lately, though.

As for 5.3 I am very much looking forward to the UTF module as it should
make getting keys from non-English keyboards much easier.

[1] https://github.com/jmckaskill/luaffi

Am 17/12/14 um 20:20 schrieb Ryan Pusztai:
> Hi,
>
> I am fine removing LuaJIT as well. I have tried it and not found it to be
> helpful especially when using a few Lua modules.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ryan

[...]