Re: [code] [codeadept] Information about key being released

From: Simon Lundmark <simon.att.pixeldiet.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:38:50 +0100

Hey Mitchell!

Ok thanks! I looked into the source-code and it didn't look too complex to
add. If I would send you a patch that would add that code to fire the
event, would you be interested in applying it?

It'll take me a day or two to fix it though since I have to get my
linux-machine up and running so that I could try actually compiling the
code as well :)

Cheers,
Simon

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014, Simon Lundmark wrote:
>
> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if there's any way to be notified when a key is being
>> released. I want to know as long as a user is pressing a modifier, such as
>> control. If I hook into the KEYPRESS event I will know that control has
>> been released if I get an event where control has turned false, but I will
>> only know that when something else is actually pressed.
>>

>> What I'm actually trying to do is that I want to present a file list
>> similar to switch buffer that you step through just like ctrl-tab /
>> ctrl-shift-tab but I want to do it in an LRU-fashion. Also when control is
>> released I want to switch to that buffer.
>>

> Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment in the GUI version, and
> is not possible at all in the terminal version.

*Simon Lundmark*
*CEO*
*Pixeldiet Entertainment AB*
+46(0)761620695