Re: [code] [textadept] Empty space color and curses scrollbars on OS X

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 13:09:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi Robert,

On Sat, 3 Jan 2015, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> Am 03/01/15 um 16:42 schrieb Mitchell:
>> On Tue, 30 Dec 2014, Robert Gieseke wrote:
>>> in the Curses version on OS X the "empty" space after newlines is
>>> colored white when vertical scrollbars are enabled. Once the cursor went
>>> over them they have the black background color. (On Linux I don't get
>>> this behaviour.)
>>>
>>> I am not sure if it's directly related to the scrollbars, but this got
>>> introduced between 7.7 and 7.8beta. A workaround is to disable the
>>> scrollbar with
>>> buffer.v_scroll_bar = false
>>
>> Thanks for the report. OSX curses will disable the scrollbar to workaround
>> this display artifact.
>
> thanks for looking into it. However, I think the fix (hg 1900) does not
> work, because `OSX` is only available in the GUI version. Do you have
> any idea what might cause this?

Oops, you are correct. I've committed a change that should work now.

I don't know what is causing the display artifact. The fact that it
doesn't happen on Linux or Win32 terminals leads me to think its a Mac OSX
issue only. (You've pointed out in the past that Terminal.app is an
oddball.) What happens if you run Textadept in iTerm or another OSX
terminal application?