Re: [code] [textadept] Empty space color and curses scrollbars on OS X

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 12:07:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi Robert,

On Wed, 7 Jan 2015, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> Am 07/01/15 um 16:55 schrieb Mitchell:
> [...]
>>>>
>>> iTerm works (even scrolling with the mouse, though indentation markers
>>> look worse ) -- maybe this should just be a FAQ entry?
>>
>> If you're talking about the scrollbar issue, then no, since it is disabled
>> on OSX by default.
>>

> sorry if I've been unclear -- I meant that it maybe shouldn't be
> disabled by default in OS X since it works in iTerm2 for example.

I'd think most users would use Textadept in Terminal.app since their
workflow is probably also in there. In that case, I'd prefer not to have
any glaring display issues. Users using other terminals are probably power
users and wouldn't be put off in changing their scroll bar setting if they
want it.

> Also, it might work in OS X 10.10 (but I can't test it).

Even if it does, not everyone has updated to 10.10.