Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.8 beta 2

From: Parke <parke.nexus.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 18:24:48 -0800

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, the terminal itself handles ^Z. I'm not sure it can be
> changed...

By default, ^Z is handled by the terminal. It can be changed.

Via the command line, it can be changed via the "stty" command.
Probably "stty susp ^-". "stty -a" will show you the terminal's
current special character settings.

I think it can also be done via C, but I do not know exactly how.
Maybe these would help:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Serial_Programming/Serial_Linux#termios
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Serial_Programming:Unix/termios
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Serial_Programming:Unix/termio

If Textadept does change the terminal's special characters so as to
allow ^Z to pass through to Textadept while Textadept is running, then
Textadept should probably restore the previous terminal special
character settings when Textadept exits. And probably also when
Textadept suspends.

I have ^Z bound to undo in Emacs and Jed. Both Emacs and Jed detect
the current terminal settings, and change those settings, so that they
can receive ^Z (and any other special characters they want).

Cheers,

Parke