Re: [code] [textadept] Future of LuaJIT Version

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:09:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

First, thanks to everyone for your responses. It is always good to know
what others are using Textadept for.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so, with 5.3 out, any decisions or plans for switching the nightly?

Last night I was able to compile Lua 5.3 into Textadept with the "bit32"
compatibility mode on and was also able to compile the new "utf8" library
as a separate module for LuaJIT. Therefore, I think both versions can be
supported at once with minimal work.

However, Textadept will not be switching to Lua 5.3 right away -- there's
still the 7.8 release to do. After that, I'll start on final 5.3
integration (with LuaJIT support).