Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.8 beta 2

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 09:24:38 +0000

Hi Mitchell,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 12:53:30PM -0500, Mitchell wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2015, Chris Emerson wrote:
> >On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 04:48:52PM -0500, Mitchell wrote:
> > One thing, though - would it be possible to have an event fired when
> > resuming? Although it's not needed to enable/disable the mouse reporting
> > now, it would be useful to check for changed files at that point.
>
> Sure, I think I'll use the existing `events.FOCUS` event. In the
> terminal version it will only apply when resuming.

Using events.FOCUS makes sense, thanks.

Why not send one on suspend too? I see you already trap TSTP to turn off
mouse reporting, so can a focus-out event not be signaled there too? I
can't decide if allowing it to cancel would be a good idea here... (It
would mean you could hack a ^Z binding I guess)

Either way, bracketed paste needs to be turned off when suspending too,
and an event would make it easy to do in editing.lua. :-)

Regards,

Chris