[code] Re: [textadept] Textadept 7.8 beta 2

From: Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 20:25:32 +0100

On 2015-01-15, 9:24, Mitchell wrote:

> ^Z was mapped to undo in the terminal version and it had to be
> changed since ^Z (by terminal default) suspend the running
> application.

That (mapping of ^Z to undo) worked fine for me in xterm without
special settings. It did not issue a suspend in the terminal, but
issued the undo function in Textadept as required. In the linux
console, it did nothing (no undo and no suspend). Are there terminals
where it issued a suspend?

If this is not the case, I think it is not feasible to respect some
standard terminal shortcuts (^Z) and use others for Textadept functions
(eg. ^C). In my opinion either all standard terminal key bindings
should be respected by Textadept or none.

By the way, thanks for the new beta!

Kind regards,
Joshua