[code] Re: [textadept] Textadept 7.8 beta 2

From: Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 17:29:07 +0100

On 2015-01-16, 11:22, Mitchell wrote:

> > If this is not the case, I think it is not feasible to respect some
> > standard terminal shortcuts (^Z) and use others for Textadept
> > functions (eg. ^C). In my opinion either all standard terminal key
> > bindings should be respected by Textadept or none.
>
> ^Z=suspend is quite useful I've found (while ^C is not useful at all;
> the Nano editor supports ^Z and not ^C by the way). By default it is
> enabled, but as I mentioned in the e-mail I sent a few minutes ago,
> it can be disabled by using the technique in the updated FAQ[1].

Thanks for the clarification. I was a little bit confused. Of course,
Textadept cannot change the terminal shortcut that sends SIGTSTP.
Textadept only receives the signal. Because some people use the
suspend mechanism, Textadept should of course support it. That means
there is no way to keep ^Z as the undo keybinding in terminals that
send SIGTSTP on ^Z.

Kind regards,
Joshua