Re: [code] GTK3 fix and a feature request

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 17:51:36 +0100

Hi,

Am 17/01/15 um 05:21 schrieb Brian Schott:
[…]
> Second, a feature request. There's an event to listen for when the TA
> window gains focus, but there is no event for when it loses focus. What I
> want to do is make the caret invisible (or at least stop blinking) when the
> window is not focused. I keep typing into other windows thinking that the
> text will go to Textadept.

that's interesting! I'm waiting for focus-follows-brain as well …

Recently, I've been experimenting with making the caret blink briefly
after re-focusing (having a non-blinking caret otherwise):

events.connect(events.FOCUS, function()
  buffer.caret_period = 500
  timeout(1, function()
    buffer.caret_period = 0