Re: [code] [Textadept] 7.8 beta 2 on Raspbian

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 10:30:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Parke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing with 7.8 beta 2 on a Raspberry Pi computer running Raspbian.
>
> I was able to compile Textadept. It runs and seems to work.
>
> I get some GTK warnings on startup:
>
> [snip]

Not sure what I can do about GTK errors on that platform...

> I then performed the following task.
>
> 1) Open a 1,000 line Lorem Ipsum text file.
> 2) Select all.
> 3) Paste ten times. (The file is now 10,000 lines long.)
> 4) Exit.
>
> SciTE and Textadept perform similarly when I perform the above task.
>
> If I "Toggle Wrap Mode", SciTE's behavior is pretty much unchanged.
> However, in Textadept each paste now takes about 4 seconds to
> complete. Additionally, after the 10 pastes, if I select File ->
> Quit, Textadept takes over 30 seconds to exit. This is true for both
> the JIT and non-JIT versions of Textadept.
>
> I thought this might be worth mentioning.

I don't know what would be causing this since the wrap mode is Scintilla's
and not unique to Textadept.

You could try compiling Textadept with the "DEBUG=1" flag, running
Textadept via gdb, and then pressing ^C somewhere and see where the break
happens. That might give you an idea of what's hogging all the CPU time.