Re: [code] Make word wrap the default?

From: DrTebi <drtebi.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:49:49 -0800

I think it is very unlikely that this is going to happen.

Although the 'Text' in 'Textadept' may imply that it is a text editor,
it is, as far as I understand, mostly an editor for programming,
editing configuration files etc. And for those purposes, word-wrap is
a bad idea.

Nevertheless, you can easily make word-wrap the default for your
particular installation, you just need to configure it in your startup
file.

It has been a while since I configured Textadept, so I don't remember
exactly how to do it—but I am sure someone else here can help you with
that.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Ryan P.C. McQuen <ryan.q.att.linux.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if this has been considered, or is a good/bad idea for
> any reason. I couldn't find a thread that mentioned it so I am posting
> here in the hopes 7.8 might have word wrap as the default behavior.
>
> As a side note, thanks for this great project and I am happy to be the
> Slackware packager of it for slackbuilds.org. ;-)
>
> Best,
> Ryan
>
> --
> ---
> <ryanpcmcquen.com>

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten."