Re: [code] Make word wrap the default?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:53:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Ryan P.C. McQuen wrote:

> Just wondering if this has been considered, or is a good/bad idea for
> any reason. I couldn't find a thread that mentioned it so I am posting
> here in the hopes 7.8 might have word wrap as the default behavior.

This has not been considered. In general, wrapping is an expensive
operation, so opening large source files will probably have a performance
penalty. Also, for me as a programmer, wrapping is disorienting in most
cases.

Do you know if there's a general consensus on wrapping by default in other
editors?