[code] [textadept] Periodic updatse for modules

From: Simon Lundmark <simon.att.pixeldiet.se>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:25:18 +0100

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible or could be added that modules can
subscribe to an event that are periodically updated? Like a 20hz
update-function or similar.

Currently, if you have something that would push an event to textadept
through other means (such as a debugger, remote build system etc) I don't
see how I could receive events from such a source in the way textadept
works today. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think that the UPDATE_UI
event is not reliable enough since then nothing happens if you don't
actually touch anything in the editor (such as havinrg another window
activated). My specific usercase is when breakpoints are triggered from our
debugger then we can't update textadept until we actually do anything in
the editor.

Best regards,
Simon

--