Re: [code] RFE: python and markdown lexers

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 10:55:17 -0300

Thanks Mitchell,

I've written a syntax highlighter and a folding expression for
multimarkdown in vim and I know that the apparently simple grammar
could easily become a PITA. Anyway, I'll take a look and see what I
can do.

Just another lexer related question:

I tend to use org mode and rmarkdown (knitr + pandoc) to do what is
currently and fashionably called reproducible research.That is, light
markup documents with code and data interspersed with prose. In a
sense, the "negative" of literate programming.

So, would it be possible to define an lpeg grammar that combines a
number of embedded lpeg grammars (say for latex, markdown, r, python,
etc)? This also applies to the more mundane case of markdown github
style code blocks.

Take into account that I know nothing about lpeg, nor peg, nor
scintillua lexers. Even a plain yes or no answer would be helpful to
decide whether I take that trip or not.

Cheers

--
Carlos