[code] Some advice on textadept programming

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 14:53:25 -0300

Hi all,

say I could babble some lua and I wanted to code a new ta module or
some advanced configuration. In that case I would need some advice
from the savvy:

1) How do you reload and inspect your changes? [1] I know that C-e
opens the command entry, but I'm looking for concrete advice: do you
run something like "reset(); my_function()" or what?

2) How do you debug or trace your changes? Do you just io.print?

3) In general: do you have any useful patterns or techniques to share?

Cheers

--
Carlos
[1] I'm spoiled by the emacs elisp environment but I could live with