Re: [code] [textadept] Buffer/view properties

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 19:53:05 +0100

Hi,

Am 03/02/15 um 19:41 schrieb Mitchell:
[]
> Okay, that all is reasonable. Looking at the "View" menu, I think "Toggle
> View EOL", "Toggle Wrap Mode", and "Toggle View Whitespace" can be tweaked
> to be buffer-specific properties based on your method.
>
> Does anyone have any objections? Consider "wrap mode": currently toggling
> wrap mode wraps *all* buffers in *a particular view* -- even newly
> created/opened buffers. The new proposal makes toggling wrap mode wrap
> *only* the current buffer in *any* other view -- newly created/opened
> views will have wrap mode turned off by default (unless overridden in
> `~/.textadept/properties.lua`.) I know some editors like SciTE toggle wrap
> mode for all buffers at once, so this is why I'm asking for objections.

Awesome, thanks for looking into it -- I'm actually right now playing
with this and trying out where in Textredux to switch the wrap_mode.

The options you mentioned sound right to me, in the sense that I would
want to switch them for a particular buffer. I could understand if
others used this differently though, especially if only using a single view.