[code] [textadept] buffer:search_anchor()

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 10:35:12 +0000

Hi,

I was doing something along the lines of:

buffer.current_pos = x
buffer:search_anchor()

buffer:search_next(...)

but unexpectedly finding things early (ie before x).

It turns out that when there's a selection, search_anchor() ends up setting
the anchor to the start of the selection instead of buffer.current_pos.

Is that expected? It doesn't seem to match my reading the Textadept API
documentation.

Regards,

Chris